ANC 2B will hold its July Transportation and Public Infrastructure (TPI) Committee meeting on Wednesday, July 18th at 7:00 pm at the Dupont Circle Resource Center, 9 Dupont Circle NW.
The agenda includes:
- Welcome and review of meeting norms
- Discussion of proposed traffic safety improvements at the intersection of 19th Street and T Street NW
- Discussion of proposed pedestrian safety improvements on Massachusetts Avenue NW between 17th Street and 18th Street
- Discussion of proposed public space improvements as part of the Stead Park Recreation Center Project, including updates to the P Street NW sidewalks, plantings, hardware, and bike parking
- Discussion of a proposed resolution requesting increased enforcement and education of traffic laws by the Department of Public Works and the Metropolitan Police Department
Additionally, while not scheduled for discussion, the TPI Committee would like to note that all of the materials for the proposed pedestrian, cyclist, and curbside management safety improvements along 17th Street NW can be found here.
About ANC 2B’s Transportation and Public Infrastructure (TPI) Committee
The purpose of the Transportation and Public Infrastructure (TPI) Committee is to promote a safe and effective transportation system for the residents and visitors of Dupont Circle and improve the use of public space in our neighborhood.
Co-Chairs of the TPI Committee
- Randy Downs (Commissioner, 2B05) and Scott Davies (Commissioner, 2B09)
ANC 2B Appointed and Confirmed Committee Members
- Susan Volman – Resident of SMD 2B04
- J. Alan Rueckgauer – Resident of SMD 2B02
- Thomas Hay – Resident of SMD 2B09
- Matt Johnson – Resident of SMD 2B06
- Lawrence Sprowls – Resident of SMD 2B04
- Matthew Sampson – Resident of SMD 2B01
- David Suls – Representative from the Golden Triangle BID
The role of the TPI Committee serves as a forum for discussing matters related to the following and making recommendations to the ANC:
- Parking in the neighborhood, including valet applications, loading zones, the enhanced residential parking program and visitor parking
- Pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure and safety
- Beautification, repair, and streetscapes
- Public transit
- Public parks
- Matters before the DC Council related to transportation and public space
The committee will serve as a resource for commissioners and as a point of contact for DDOT, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Administration (WMATA) and the DC Water and Sewer Authority (WASA). Commissioners may seek guidance from the committee on public space applications in their Single Member Districts. The committee will facilitate training for commissioners and others on transportation issues and host meetings to gather public input. The committee will also develop guidance for consideration of public space issues for review by the ANC.