In order to accommodate the nine development applications that ANC 2B has received for July, a much greater amount than usual, and to provide ample time for community feedback, the ANC will hold two Zoning, Preservation, and Development (ZPD) Committee meetings and two ANC meetings in July.
The first ZPD Committee meeting will take place as normally scheduled on Wednesday, July 3rd at 7:00 pm at the Dupont Circle Resource Center, 9 Dupont Circle NW. The agenda includes:
- 1515 Rhode Island Avenue NW – Application by NW DC Property LLC for area variances from the accessory use requirements, the lot occupancy requirements, and the rear yard requirements to enclose outdoor courtyard space and to construct a new, attached accessory structure to an existing hotel building (BZA #20085) (2B05)
- 11 Dupont Circle NW – Concept / New Hampshire Avenue NW façade and public space modifications, courtyard and entry alterations (HPRB #19-411) (2B07)
- 1637-1641 R Street NW – Concept / fill in dogleg court and construct habitable penthouse (HPRB #19-454) (2B04)
- 1620 Riggs Place NW – Concept / new garage with rooftop patio (HPRB #19-383) (2B04)
The above applications will then be considered during the ANC’s previously-scheduled regular July meeting on Wednesday, July 10th at 7:00 pm at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Room 500.
The second ZPD Committee will then take place on Tuesday, July 16th at 7:00 pm at the Dupont Circle Resource Center, 9 Dupont Circle NW. The agenda includes:
- 2124 O Street NW – Application for a variance from the floor area ratio requirements to construct a third-story addition to an existing, attached principal dwelling unit (BZA #20096) (2B06)
- 1841 R Street NW – Concept / window replacement, wood to aluminum cladding (HPRB #19-399) (2B03)
- 1145 17th Street NW – Landmark application for the National Geographic Society Headquarters (HPRB #TBD) (2B05)
- 1145 17th Street NW – Concept / new entrance pavilion addition, renovation of ground floor public space (and 1600 M Street NW) (HPRB #19-460) (2B05)
- 1748 Swann Street NW – Concept / interior renovation and rear elevation alterations (HPRB #19-444) (2B01)
The above applications will then be considered during a special July ANC meeting, which will be held on Tuesday, July 23rd at 7:00 pm. We are currently in the process of finalizing the location for this meeting and will publicize the location as soon as it is finalized.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above applications, please reach out to the single member district commissioner associated with the project and ANC 2B Chair Daniel Warwick at: 2B02@anc.dc.gov.