Author Archives: admin

About admin

Changed email address from email@dupontcircleanc.net to web@dupontcircleanc.net

NEWS: TPI Committee Meeting Minutes, June 5

ANC2B Transportation and Public Infrastructure Committee
Thursday, June 5, 2014 – 7:00 p.m.
Dupont Circle Resource Center (9 Dupont Circle NW)

Meeting Minutes

1. Introductions and review of scope of goals for the TPI Committee

In attendance:

Tom Hay
Daniel Warwick
Brian Knudsen
David Suls
Comm. Mike Feldstein (2B01)
Comm. Noah Smith (2B09)
Moira McCauley
Comm. Will Stephens (2B08)
Tom Lipinsky (Office of CM Evans)
James Nozar
Rudi Riet
Susan Volman
Sarah Moulton
Comm. Mike Silverstein (2B06)
Comm. Abigail Nichols (2B05)
Mike Brennan

Committee Chair Noah Smith (2B09) opened the meeting with a review and update of the scope and role of the committee:

-Communicate with the Dupont Circle community and serve as a resource for neighbors on matters related to transportation and the public infrastructure. -Coordinate with other ANCs -overlap of issues with neighboring ANCs is important to analyze so we can compare successes and failures.

-Citywide transportation and infrastructure issues – upcoming opportunity to comment on legislation – formulate a statement to contribute.

2. Update on progress of goals and assignments

Walking tours of individual SMDs so show DDOT deficiencies in pedestrian safety, parking and tree boxes-contacts have been made and will begin with 2B08 and Will Stephens.

***
DDOT signage along 15th street cycle track is inconsistent and confusing -Contact has been made with DDOT. Discussed need for consistent signage. Many of the new enhancements across the city are in “beta” or testing mode, so permanent solutions are few and far between. Issues may be addressed once focus moves away from building new cycle tracks to actually maintaining the existing ones. Committee will look at national and international standards for signage. Uniformity and simplicity are key.

***
Rudi Riet and Kishan Putta -Repainting of R and Q cycle tracks. -Contact has been made at DDOT about need for painting. DDOT agreed and said they would address. Need to track progress.

***
Kishan Putta -16th street bus lane -Majority of DC Council have made statements in support. Feasibility study is next step and would address pedestrian safety.

***
Mike Silverstein -Circulator advocacy -There have been public outreach events. SW Waterfront and Shaw / Dupont are being considered as part of new routes. National Mall route is also being considered with funding coming from parking fees around the Mall. Either way, it looks like Dupont will get a new route through the neighborhood.

***
David Suls -Identify process to expand on street recycling -No specific process outside of a Business Improvement District (BID) to get recycling bins. Challenge may be who will be responsible for emptying the cans. Noah Smith will assist in getting contact at DPW.

***
Mike Silverstein -WMATA -Dupont North Metro stop -allowing ANC to water trees on Metro plaza. Bring proposal to next meeting. Added to agenda for July.

4. Discussion on the Residential Parking Program (RPP) for 1000 Block of 16th Street, NW (2B05)

Residents of the 1000 block of 16th Street (2B05) want to be eligible to participate in the residential parking program (RPP) and receive RPP passes. Mike Brennan of the Presidential Coop in the 1000 block of 16th Street NW explained that his building is not part of the RPP program. He was told by DDOT that he needs to present a petition to the ANC for inclusion.

Noah Smith explained that in the RPP, buildings are tied to whether there is restricted parking on your block. Intent is not to change any of the parking spaces. There are no residential spots on the block. Noah suggested the ANC have more discussion and find out why the building was not included and the implications before endorsing the plan. The ANC offered to help the residents talk to the right people at DDOT to have their questions answered.

UPDATE: DDOT responded that the block is zoned commercial is not RPP eligible.

5. Draft Parking Statements

The committee spent considerable time defining the actual issues associate with parking in our neighborhood. This exercise is meant to develop clear and impactful goals for the committee to pursue related to parking this year. For each of the following issues, the committee will develop realistic options to address the concerns and present them to the community for guidance.

Visitor Parking Program (Will / Daniel / Noah)

Residents have difficulty securing parking privileges for recurring visitors, such as home health aides, contractors, and nannies.

Residential Parking Issues (Daniel)

Residents have difficulty finding parking within a reasonable distance of their homes.

Under Utilized Parking (Susan / Rudi)

There are parking spaces, both public and private, in our neighborhood that are underutilized. This could be due to a lack of awareness of private parking options, unnecessary restrictions in place, or poor utilization of multi-use parking, among other reasons.

Business Patrons (Moira)

Businesses often have difficulty guaranteeing parking availability for their patrons.

Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 25, at 7pm at the Dupont Circle Resource Center

 

NEWS: 17th Street Moratorium DRAFT REPORT & RESOLUTION

The 17th Street Commissioners would like to share the draft version of the report and resolution for the 17th street Moratorium

Draft  Report is available here

Draft Resolution is available here

ANC 2B will be discussing the draft report and resolution at our third and final listening session on Wednesday, August 7, 2013  at 7 pm in the Chastleton Ballroom (1701 16th Street NW).

Feel free to submit your comments via email to: 17thStCommissioners@dupontcircleanc.net

NEWS: ANC 2B Selects 2012 Officers & Committee Chairs

At the ANC’s January 2012 public meeting, we selected our 2012 officers and committee chairs.  Please see below for an up-to-date list of officers, committee chairs, commissioners, and staff (including contact information):

2B01 – Mike Feldstein, Vice Chair
Email: mike.feldstein@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-462-0647
Chair of Zoning, Preservation & Development Committee
Chair of Community Involvement Committee

2B02 – Kevin O’Connor
E-mail: kevin.oconnor@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-709-5382

2B03 – Bob Meehan
E-mail: bob.meehan@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-234-5151

2B04 – Jack Jacobson
Email: jack.jacobson@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-251-7644
Web: www.friendsofjack.com

2B05 – Victor Wexler
E-mail: victor.wexler@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-745-0054

2B06 – Mike Silverstein, Treasurer
E-mail: mike.silverstein@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-833-4440

2B07 – Phil Carney, Secretary
E-mail: phil.carney@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-462-2776

2B08 – Will Stephens, Chair
E-mail: will.stephens@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-527-9522
Web: www.willstephens.com/ANC

2B09 – Ramon Estrada
E-mail: ramon.estrada@dupontcircleanc.net
Phone: 202-412-9434
Chair of ABRA Policy Committee

Tony Lowry, Executive Director
E-mail: e-mail@dupontcirclanc.net

Freddie Blicher, Web & IT Consultant
E-mail: web@dupontcircleanc.net

This information is also available on our “About Us” page under “Commissioners & Staff”: http://www.dupontcircleanc.net/about/commissioners/

We look forward to serving the neighborhood together!