ANC 2B would like to thank those who participated in our recent survey on the use of outdoor space for sidewalk cafes. (For reference, here are the ANC’s current guidelines.)
As previously announced, ANC 2B is also holding a community meeting this evening on the topic. In advance of that discussion, we’d like to share high-level results of the survey:
- There were over 230 responses, with the majority being residents of Dupont Circle and living on/near a mixed-use block.
- Respondents largely feel that there are either too few or just the right number of establishments which may have sidewalk cafes / outdoor restaurants.
- Most respondents typically patronize sidewalk cafes at least 2-3 times per month.
- No one closing time is preferred by a majority of respondents, though the preferred distribution of closing hours was later for Friday and Saturday evenings than for Sunday through Thursday evenings.
- A majority of respondents believe that the appropriate time to close sidewalk cafes / outdoor restaurants should be impacted by such factors as whether alcohol is served, whether there is amplified noise, and/or whether there is full food service being offered until closing.
The complete survey results can be found here. We appreciate the diversity of opinions and willingness to share your thoughts.
We look forward to seeing you at ANC 2B’s public space community meeting on Monday, October 22nd at 7:00 pm at the Society of the Cincinnati at the Anderson House, 2118 Massachusetts Avenue NW.
Chair, Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2B
Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2B will hold a special community meeting in order to gather community input regarding public space management for sidewalk cafes in Dupont Circle.
The meeting will be on Monday, October 22nd at 7:00 pm at the Society of the Cincinnati at the Anderson House, 2118 Massachusetts Avenue NW. Community members are encouraged to attend, ask questions, and offer feedback.
Additionally, in response to community member requests, ANC 2B has extended the deadline for the ANC’s Public Space Survey. The new deadline to complete the survey is Sunday, September 30th at 11:59 pm and the survey is available here.
The results of the survey and the community meeting will assist the ANC in drafting proposed changes to the ANC’s Public Space Guidelines. The ANC plans to consider the proposed changes during the ANC’s regular November meeting on Wednesday, November 14th.
Please let your single member district commissioner know if you have any questions about the Public Space Survey or the community meeting. We look forward to receiving your input.
ANC 2B would like to hear your input regarding public space management in Dupont Circle via a survey available here. The survey, in concert with an upcoming community meeting on this subject, will assist the ANC in drafting proposed changes to the ANC’s Public Space Guidelines. Details on the community meeting will be available shortly. Subsequently, ANC 2B will be considering changes to the Public Space Guidelines during the ANC’s regular November meeting on Wednesday, November 14th.
The deadline for completing the Public Space Survey is 11:59 pm on Wednesday, September 26th.
Please let your single member district commissioner know if you have any questions about the Public Space Survey. We look forward to receiving your input.
ANC 2B’s regular Transportation and Public Infrastructure (TPI) Committee meeting, previously scheduled for this evening, has been postponed to Thursday, October 5th, 2017 due to meeting space and scheduling conflicts. The ANC will be sending out additional information regarding the meeting time, location, and agenda closer to the meeting date.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please reach out to your single member district commissioner and TPI Committee Co-Chairs Randy Downs and Scott Davies.
ANC 2B will be holding its July Transportation and Public Infrastructure (TPI) Committee meeting this Wednesday, July 19th at 7:00 pm at the Dupont Circle Resource Center, 9 Dupont Circle NW. The meeting will be held in the order of the agenda below:
- Welcome (5 mins)
- Discussion of projects to include in resolution regarding DDOT improvement projects in ANC 2B (40 mins)
- Discussion of resolution to support conversion of LED lighting in club central district of ANC 2B (15 mins)
- Discussion of Dupont Circle ANC Parking Study (15 mins)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above agenda items, please reach out to your single member district commissioner and TPI Committee Co-Chairs Randy Downs and Scott Davies.