**THIS WEB PAGE IS UNDERGOING RENOVATION. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR UPDATED CONTENT**
Welcome to the page for our Community Involvement Committee, established in Oct. 2009!
TOP COMMITTEE NEWS…
- Please let us know if you would like to serve on the committee (read more below)!
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE COMMITTEE?
- To promote and encourage a wide range of community activities that help meet the needs of Dupont Circle citizens.
- To promote the social and economic development of our community.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE COMMITTEE?
To help achieve these purposes the Committee will:
- Liaise with a wide range of existing community service organizations, other stakeholders, and relevant organizations.
- Explore the establishment and operation of a community grants system for the Commission.
- Assist and nurture community service events, fundraisers for community groups, and community activities.
- Maintain a committee web page, including links to community organizations and community service opportunities.
- Seek ways to nurture greater social capital.
- Carry out such other tasks as the Commission may from time to time designate.
WHO IS THE COMMITTEE?
Mike Feldstein, Chair
Will Stephens, Commissioner
Mike Silverstein, Commissioner
Victor Wexler, Commissioner
Jason Wares, Resident at-Large
Paul Williams, Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets
Steve Gavula, Business Leader at-Large
Aaron DeNu (nominated), Resident at-Large
Abigail Wiebenson (nominated), Resident at-Large