Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every other month via Zoom. Agendas are posted on the ANC’s website.
The next Mobility Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
Chair: Mo Pasternak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News for the Mobility Committee
- October Mobility Committee MeetingANC 2B’s October 2021 Mobility Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19th at 7:00 pm. The agenda can be viewed here. This meeting will be held online via… Read More »
Please help us identify locations in the neighborhood that may need safety improvements and upgrades by participating in our Intersection Audit. To learn more, please visit this page.
Engaging with the Committee
- The Mobility Committee holds meetings generally on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Please reach out to the chair if you are in need of translation services.
- All community members are invited to attend and offer comment.
- Meetings are held remotely during the Public Health Emergency, and in-person meetings are held at 9 Dupont Circle NW
- Community members wishing to add an item to the agenda should contact the Chair.
- Agenda items may be focused on gathering feedback and comment from members of the public and they may also be informational. Clarification will be offered before beginning discussion.
Objective of the Committee
Per the Policy and Procedures manual, the Mobility Committee’s purpose is to promote a safe and effective transportation system for the residents and visitors of Dupont Circle.
Role of the Committee
To help achieve these purposes the Committee will:
- Serve as a forum for discussing, and a source of information for matters related to sidewalks and crosswalks, bicycle infrastructure and safety, public transit and parking.
- Establish and maintain on-going working relations with DDOT, WMATA and other transit operators.
- Track and, when appropriate, share with the ANC or appropriate agency feedback on a mobility related issue.
- Facilitate individual feedback on mobility related issues by the general public
- When appropriate, seek the advice of outside expertise, such as planners, to guide the Committee in its work
- Assist with ANC training as related to the goals and purposes of this Committee
Membership in the Committee
Members of the public are appointed by the full ANC for a 1-year term.
Current members include:
- Howard Bard
- Paul Cadario
- Matthew Johnson
- Kira Marchenese
- Finn Vigeland
- Susan Volman
All commissioners are considered ex officio members of the Committee.
There are no term limits for committee members.
- DDOT Project Update – H&I Street Bus Lane Improvement – January 2021
- Traffic Control Plan for Scheduled Construction at 15th and S St NW
- DDOT FY20 Accomplishments – Presentation 3/16/2021
- Final plans for the southern portion of the 17th Street Protected Bike Lane
- Final plans for the northern portion of the 17th Street Protected Bike Lane
- Black Lives Matter Plaza – DDOT Presentation 5/12/21