Zoning, Preservation & Development
Meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month at the Dupont Circle Resource Center, 9 Dupont Circle NW unless otherwise noted. Agendas are posted on the ANC’s blog.
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
- Zoning, Preservation and Development Committee (ZPD) holds meetings the first Wednesday of the month
- Location: 9 Dupont Circle, The Resource Center
- Time: meeting starts at 7pm
- Agenda: intent is to published one week in advance
- All applicants when they begin their design process should contact the ANC Commissioner for their single member district as well as the ZPD Chair. The Commissioners and Committee Chair are here to assist and advise you in the regulatory and neighborhood outreach process
- To be added to the the ZPD agenda and subsequently the ANC agenda, it is best to contact the ZPD Chair and ANC Commissioner for that area a minimum of a week in advance of the ZPD committee, the further in advance the better
- When submitting to the ZPD and ANC please provide your hearing date and hearing number, a brief description of your project and presentation drawings
- The committee reviews all projects that go before the Historic Preservation and Review Board (HPRB), the Office of Zoning and the Board of Zoning and Adjustments (BZA)
- For DDoT Public Space permits, the Committee will review applicants when necessary, otherwise the ANC Commissioner for that single member district will be the lead in reviewing the Public Space request
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE COMMITTEE?
- To promote preservation of the historic, architectural, and residential character of the Dupont Circle area while encouraging its economic and social vitality.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE COMMITTEE?
To help achieve these purposes the Committee will:
- Provide monthly working group meetings to hear applicants and to make recommendation to the Commission as a whole.
- Establish and maintain on-going working relations with those public and private entities with similar goals and purposes, such as the Historic Preservation Review Board, Board of Zoning Adjustment, the Zoning Commission, the Dupont Circle Conservancy, the DC Office of Planning, and other stakeholders.
- Track and, when appropriate, comment on zoning and historic preservation policy and developments.
- When appropriate, seek the advice of outside expertise, such as architects and historic preservationists, to guide the Committee in its work.
- Propose related policy positions for the Commission’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Assist with ANC training as related to the goals and purposes of this Committee.
WHO IS THE COMMITTEE?
- Stephanie Maltz, Commissioner
- Mike Feldstein, Commissioner
- Michael Upright, Commissioner
- Daniel Warwick, Commissioner, Chair
- Chris Furlong, Resident
- Cathy Brooker, Resident
- Stephan Rodiger, Resident
- Patrick Smith, Developer
RELEVANT LOCAL/DISTRICT ORGANIZATIONS
- Dupont Circle Conservancy (DCC)
- Office of Planning (OP)
- Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB)
- Historic Preservation Office (HPO)
- Zoning Commission (ZC)
- Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA)
- Office of Zoning (OZ)
*If you are interested in learning more about the committee or joining the committee, please contact the committee chair